Formando a empresarios, políticos y directivos
Seminar in Moscow : Building profitable food companies in Russia:Continuous excellence and strategy
For companies at any level of the Russian Food Chain Industry: From Farm to Fork
Date: Monday, 30th May 2016
Fees: ₽ 55.000
These fees cover academic tuition, academic materials, coffee breaks during the seminar and lunch.
The seminar will take place at: Hotel Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre
(31A bld.1 Leningradsky prospect Moscow 125284 Russian Federation)
The working language for the seminar will be English, with simultaneous translation in Russian
For more information
Contents of the seminar:
CASE “NESTLE CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE: THE ROAD TO SUSTAINABLE COMPETITIVENESS”
The main challenge for today’s global and local companies is to maintain their competitiveness. It is of capital importance to supply goods and services that customers value more than those from competitors. The only way of doing so is through the continuous improvement of processes and the coordination of the Supply Chain.
The Nestle Continuous Excellence initiative drives the manner in which the company manages its continuous improvement processes. During the session and based on the Nestle experience,
we will discuss how this can be achieved. What kind of objectives should be set? What initial conditions must be in place before embarking on an ambitious Continuous Improvement journey? How to ensure people engagement? What are the best indicators for controlling
progress? And finally, what are the key factors for making it sustainable?
CASE “CHERKIZOVO GROUP”
Prof. Manuel Gonzalez Toruno, Instituto Internacional San Telmo
Guest Speaker: Igor Babaev, Chairman of the Board of Directors
Cherkizovo Group is currently Russia’s largest meat producer and integrated agro-industrial holding group. The company controls every stage of the production process, from crop growing, grain production, feed formulation and production and egg incubation to pork and poultry breeding, slaughtering, processing and distribution. Through organic grow and acquisitions, their net profits had grown an average of 25% per year during the previous 6 years. The Chairman of the Board of Directors is Igor Babaev, whose family controls 65% of the shares while the remaining 35% are publicly traded in the London and Moscow stock exchanges. In spite of this success, the Management Team, headed by CEO Sergey Mikhailov, looks to the future in a move to overcome new challenges. How to respond to decreasing consumer income and lower demand for meat products? How to integrate production facilities coming from different origins into an efficient distribution network that meets retailers’ growing demand for higher service levels? Is it the right time for more acquisitions? Is Cherkizovo prepared to be globally competitive and export to international markets?
At noon, there will be a round table discussion between top executives and entrepreneurs of the Food Chain sectors: Agribusiness, Industry, Retail and Food Service.
1.- Managing change, a managerial responsability
Geopolitics of management:
Political, economic, social and cultural change.
Uncertainty, the name of the game. Managing by questions.
From power to leadership: the moral dimension.
The art of holding crucial conversations: Trust, credibility, passion, energy, motivation.
Leadership, a question of character. Leading by example.
2.- The agenda of the Manager, setting priorities
Leadership: a journey from the inside out.
Self-Knowledge: Discovering your true self.
The inner conversation of the leader: Logic and intuition.
The human learning process: from mistakes to failure.
The agenda of the leader: setting priorities.
Focus, time the scarcest resource.
Prof. Santiago Alvarez de Mon
IESE Business School